The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
See Other Information for Locations.
* Amended to update where positions are filled*
Learn more about this agency
WHAT IS THE SMALL BUSINESS/ SELF EMPLOYED(SB/SE) DIVISION: The Small Business/Self-Employed (SB/SE) Division provides examinations and taxpayer education services for about 7 million small businesses and upwards of 33 million self-employed and supplemental income taxpayers. SB/SE taxpayers generally have higher incomes than most taxpayers, need to file twice as many tax forms, and generally need to rely more on paid tax preparers and the taxpayer education outreach activities of the IRS.
Additional Divisions continued under Requirements
WHAT DOES A Shared Administrative Associate DO? Provides administrative, clerical and case processing support to managers and technical employees functionally and cross-functionally throughout assigned organizations, as needed. The duties involve planning, organizing and carrying out varied administrative and clerical activities required by business operating divisions. Will be a shared resource for multiple business operating divisions located in a post-of-duty, within a commuting area and/or geographic area.
As an Shared Administrative Associate (OA) you will:
* Support multiple managers and groups consisting of professional and technical employees both remotely and on-site as well as performing administrative tasks as needed. Communicates in both English and Spanish with visitors.
* Validate and inputs information to open, assign, transfer and close cases using various case management automated systems.
* Verify completeness and accuracy of case controls to ensure compliance with established procedures and formats. Identifies and resolves inconsistencies shown on the on various inventory reports. Extracts and analyzes data to monitor time sensitive information and deadlines, alerts the group manager and technical employees to ensure protection of the Government's interest.
* Analyze case information to determine the appropriate procedures to close cases involving multiple work streams. Maintains and updates a variety of manual and automated tracking systems used in processing cases.
* Retrieve from automated systems, a variety of reports and technical material including forms, correspondence, supporting documents, etc.
* Input and/or verifies technical employees' time on automated systems. Retrieves data and provides analysis of time expended on individual and related case categories and other time expenditures.
* Utilize software to prepare correspondence, reports, forms, requisitions, requests for personnel actions and legal documents. Reviews outgoing correspondence for proper format, conformance with procedural instructions, grammar, punctuation, spelling, and attachments.
* Manually and electronically prepares folders, case files, acknowledgments, forms, closing documents and transmittal instructions for use by technical employees to assist them in arriving at the final disposition of a case and executing case processing.
* Gather, summarize and timely responds to management inquires for case, project and program information. Prepares a variety of correspondence, reports, forms, requisitions and case-related documents regarding requests from higher levels in the organization.
* Receive telephone calls and visitors, determines the nature of the business, gives routine and non-routine information, answers questions in accordance with policies and operations or directs callers and visitors to the appropriate person or office.
* Retrieve and controls mail and suspense items, routing them directly to the appropriate person or office for action, follows-up on outstanding controls and researches background information before routing mail to the appropriate individuals. Prepares transmittals, boxes, and ships case files and other business documents.
* Coordinate and initiates supply orders for multiple groups and/or offices. As a purchase card holder is responsible for submitting payment for supply and purchase orders. Utilizes internal and external automated systems to place orders and reconcile account information.
* Organize, maintain, and purge files and records, manuals, handbooks, and other related materials. Prepares federal records for storage. Maintains calendar, schedule appointments and engagements and make travel arrangements for immediate manager and may be requested to perform these duties for additional managers supported.
* Serve as a resource person to the group(s) in matters such as case procedures, group administrative procedures, etc. Serve as proxy for manager(s) on automated systems such as the performance appraisal system, travel system, requisition tracking system, etc.
If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at .
* Job family (Series)
0303 Miscellaneous Clerk And Assistant
Conditions of Employment
* Refer to Other Information
* Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
* Must be a U.S. Citizen or National
Continued from Major Duties
WHAT IS THE LARGE BUSINESS AND INTERNATIONAL (LB&I) DIVISION: The Large Business and International (LB&I) business unit provides service and enforcement activities to support tax compliance of businesses and related entities with assets of $10 million or more, as well as small U.S. businesses engaged in international, U.S. citizens abroad, and foreign persons and businesses with a U.S. tax requirement.
WHAT IS THE TAX EXEMPT & GOVERNMENT ENTITIES DIVISION : Serves Employee Plans which examines the returns of qualified pension benefit plans compliance. Exempt Organizations ensures not-for-profit organizations meet tax-exempt status requirements. And, Government Entities ensures organizations meet their tax withholding and employment tax payment requirements.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
GS-5 LEVEL: You must have 1 year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-04 in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: Experience providing clerical and administrative support to managers and staff. Experience operating a variety of software systems to prepare documents, input data, compile/ generate reports and monitor administrative controls. Experience responding/referring customer complaints and inquiries. Experience applying grammar, spelling, and punctuation to prepare reports and correspondence.
You may substitute education for specialized experience as follows: a Bachelor's degree or four (4) years of education above high school in any field of study from an accredited college or university.
GS-6 LEVEL: You must have 1 year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-05 in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: Experience with the organizational structure of business operations. Experience providing clerical and administrative support to multiple managers and groups. Experience operating a variety of software systems to prepare documents, input data, compile/ generate reports and monitor administrative controls. Experience responding/referring customer complaints and inquiries. Experience with researching and using regulations, manuals, and directives pertaining to clerical and administrative policies and practices to perform administrative and case processing support functions. Experience applying grammar, spelling, and punctuation to prepare reports and correspondence.
For Grades 5 THRU 6: You may qualify by a combination of experience and education. Options for qualifying based on a combination will be identified in the online questions.
* The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
* To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
PROFICIENCY REQUIREMENT (OFFICE AUTOMATION): In addition to meeting experience or education requirements, applicants must be able to demonstrate the ability to type 40 words per minute. Applicants may be asked to participate in a typing/performance test, provide a certificate of proficiency from a school or other organization authorized to issue such certificates by the Office of Personnel Management local office, or self-certifying their proficiency (which may be verified at a later step in the process). Performance test results and certificates of proficiency are acceptable for 3 years.
PODs continued from Other Information
..... click apply for full job details