Responsible to help set payroll strategy and provide guidance to employees and other HR functions as an expert in matters related to Payroll processing, systems, and wage and tax laws. This includes partnering with business leaders to support process improvement and execution of special projects. The Sr. Payroll Analyst also supports the Payroll Manager to ensure that daily Payroll tasks are executed in accordance with proper procedures, policies, and requirements. To accomplish this, must have a strong understanding of complex payroll functions and compliance requirements, as well as an understanding of payrolls impact on the general ledger, benefits and human resources.
- Identify, analyze, and recommend solutions for systemic issues that relate to the payroll and the time & leave entry processes.
- Assist with account reconciliations and other payroll controls such as balancing payroll results to payroll tax returns and to year-end Form W-2 statements.
- Research complex payroll issues for proper treatment.
- Develop and compile performance metrics to monitor progress toward operational goals.
- Maintain detailed procedures to ensure accurate and timely transaction processing.
- Contributes technical and analytical skills to identify opportunities to streamline and automate existing processes.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Research and prepare special reports for management. Performs routine and ad-hoc reporting and analytics.
- Reviews registers and standard reports per pay period, determining and correcting errors as well as identifying exceptions
- Conducts root-cause analysis for payroll interfaces, exports, and reporting; identifies solutions, and recommends corrective action when applicable.
- Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in payroll and payroll tax processes.
- Requires expertise in complex accounting and payroll functions, general principles of accounting, auditing, and payroll, as well as significant, directly related, and progressive experience.
- Extensive experience in reporting and utilizing Oracle and Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Previous experience with large employers with multi-states/multi-companies and related employment taxes.
- Understand and interpret the legal implications related to payroll processing.
- Must be self-motivated, flexible, detail-oriented, and able to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated tact, diplomacy, sound judgment, and sensitivity to handling of confidential information.
- Experience in analyzing processes, recommending and implementing changes to increase efficiency, effectiveness, and accuracy of data.
- Proven ability to prioritize and meet deadlines, with high attention to detail and recognition of time-sensitive issues.
- Knowledgeable in payroll SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley) compliance requirements.
- Ability to work on various assignments simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills within all levels of the organization
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent preferred.