The Accounting & Reporting Accountant II provides timely and accurate financial record keeping and reporting as directed by management. This job is responsible for preparing journal entries, financial statements and participating in closing processes. Under moderate supervision, this job performs a variety of accounting activities in accordance with accounting principles and standards to ensure that the company is in compliance with all relevant regulations, laws, and reporting requirements.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepares balance sheet and profit and loss statements, consolidated financial statements, and other accounting schedules and reports in accordance with all relevant regulations, laws, and reporting requirements.
- Prepares journal entries and account reconciliations in accordance with all relevant regulations, laws, and reporting requirements.
- Performs monthly and quarterly close and consolidation processes based on to ensure timely completion and accuracy.
- Maintains accounting statements, reports, GL accounts, cost revenue reports, balance sheets, and/or bank statement reconciliations in order to ensure smooth functioning of Accounting processes.
- Verifies accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents or records including detailing financial business transactions (eg, invoice approvals, disbursements, expense vouchers, and wire payments).
- Researches the impacts of new accounting standards, reporting requirements, and regulatory standards on existing and new transaction accounting regulations.
2 Years Required; 3 Years Preferred
University (Degree), Preferred
- Physical Requirements
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
- 2 years accounting experience or successful completion of the TIAA Rotational Development Program with Accounting & Finance
- 3 years accounting experience or successful completion of the TIAA Rotational Development Program with Accounting & Finance
- Bachelor's degree preferred in accounting, finance or business related area
- Banking and/or commercial banking industry experience
- Oracle Financials, Tableau or Alteryx experience
- CPA Preferred
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Will be responsible for, but not limited to, supporting the Commercial Banking Division
- Participates in providing accounting support for key strategic initiatives and business decisions
- Prepares journal entries, reconciliations and analyzes variances
- Prepares and provides support for external audit and regulatory reviews
Base Pay Range: $63,300/yr. - $105,600/yr.
Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. In addition to base salary, the competitive compensation package may include, depending on the role, participation in an incentive program linked to performance (for example, annual discretionary incentive programs, non-annual sales incentive plans, or other non-annual incentive plans).